Dining in Costa Rica & Private Chef Services
International and local cuisine can be experienced and thoroughly savored in breathtaking settings throughout the country while enjoying your Costa Rica vacation. Costa Rican cuisine is based on the staples of rice and beans however fresh seafood, local and organic produce with exotic fruits are often incorporated, bringing savory, soul food, into every mouthful!
Dining in Los Suenos Resort & Jaco Area
Los Suenos Resort presents a fantastic medley of bistros, casual and fine dining establishments to keep your taste buds circling back for more! Here is a recommended list of hot-spots in the Resort that should be experienced.
- El Fresco – Los Suenos – Private Beach Club
- El Galeon – Los Suenos Marina (Fine Dining)
- The Hook-Up Bar and Grill – Los Suenos – Marina Village
- Bambu Japanese/Sushi – Los Suenos – Marina Village
- Lanterna Italian Restaurant – Los Suenos – Marina Village
- Dulce Vita Cafe & Bakery – Los Suenos – Marina Village
- The Terrace Lounge – Los Suenos- Marina Village above Lanterna
During high season, between December and May, reservations may be necessary.
Home delivery: If you are staying in one of the Palms Collection rentals, you will find a complete menu of all of the Los Suenos Restaurants, who will deliver delicious meals directly to your door! Now that spells vacation!
Marriott Hotel: Open to the public, guests staying in the area of Los Suenos Resort can enjoy any of the 5-restaurants located at the Marriott hotel!
Jaco Area Restaurants are serving up everything from New York style pizza, to Lobster Feasts, to organic Vegetarian oriented delights to mouth watering fresh seafood dishes. Every genre of cuisine is offered in Jaco beach and some are delicious enough to make our list below. If you’ve spent the day catching your own dinner at sea, any restaurant will gladly cook it up to your liking!
- Graffiti Wine bar & Restaurant-Casual dining with creative and delicious beef & seafood options
- Lemon Zest-Sophisticated Cuisine using fresh local ingredients
- Tsunami Sushi-Outstanding Sushi made with only the freshest catch of the day
- The Green Room-Vegetarian and Vegan options
- Los Amigos Bar & Grill-variety of savory bar and grill type
- El Hicaco- Lobster Feast in an ocean front location
- The Poseidon- Best Value for Sunday brunch (Eggs benedict)
- Side Street Cafe-Open for lunch and Sunday brunches, they now brew their own Artisan beer. Recently added their upstairs a/c’d dining room, great ambience!
- Soda Rustico- most visited local ‘soda’ serving traditional Costa Rican cuisine
- Croc’s Casino & Resort- several restaurants to choose from
- Wishbone – wood fire oven baked pizzas, seafood and casual dining options
- Las Pitas – mediterranean food such as shawarma, falafel and tabouli
- Pizza Pata – most popular pizza ‘joint’ in town
Dining in Tamarindo area & Hacienda Pinilla Resort
Hacienda Pinilla Resort has its own restaurants to offer guests but you may also take advantage of the savoury menus at the various restaurants at the onsite JW Marriott hotel.
- Beach Club Restaurant –9 am –5 pm. December- April open for Dinner on Fridays & Saturdays.
- 19th Hole Restaurant & Bar (Golf Club) – Lunch and snack menu
- Tamarine Asian Fusion: JW Marriott– Dinner 5:30pm-10:30pm. Reservations required
- Mansita’s International Cuisine: JW Marriott – All day & Sunday Brunch
- Sabaneros Steak House: JW Marriott – Dinner 5:30 pm-10:30 pm. Reservations required
- Bar and Karaoke lounge: JW Marriott – Afternoons and evenings
- Italian Restaurant – Ocean Front Pool Bar & Grill: JW Marriott
Tamarindo Area Restaurants offer a great variety for those looking for fresh seafood, thin crust pizza, typical Costa Rican meals or sophisticated flavours and cuisine. Here are a few ‘sure bets’ when looking for where to eat.
- La Pachangas & Grill – Fresh made pasta and sauces, delicious, fresh fish, pizza from their wood fired oven and a super affordable wine list. This is a must visit!!
- Sharky’s Sports Bar & Grill – a local hangout and favorite drinking spot for many years.
- Falafel Bar –Featuring Middle Eastern cuisine, this quaint Falafel Bar is quickly gaining its reputation for some of the best falafels & humus in the region.
- Pangas Restaurant – Located on the sands of north Tamarindo Beach, Pangas is a breezy beach club and lunch spot by day and a relaxed yet sophisticated restaurant and bar by night.
- Patagonia Restaurant –This delicious Argentinean grill has outstanding beef, friendly service, incredible homemade rolls and is known for its pitchers of sangria! You simply can’t beat the value and flavours.
- Wok n Roll – This Asian fusion restaurant offers great sushi, exceptional cuisine, appetizers and delicious fresh seafood. Simple selection of wines, affordable food and great atmosphere.
- Dragonfly Bar & Grill Restaurant –an extensive and delicious menu featuring Latin-Asian Fusion cuisine within a romantic setting.
- El Jardín del Edén Restaurant – hidden on a small hill above the village of Tamarindo, providing a romantic, tropical dining experience.
- Langosta Beach Club– located right on the beachfront in Tamarind, the restaurant is beautifully situated alongside a pool with a perfect blend of stylish fine dining and alfresco beach-club dining atmosphere.
- La Baula Pizzeria –Referred to as a ‘Pizzabar’, this dining spot is a very popular alfresco pizzeria in central Tamarindo next to the Dragonfly Bar & Grill.
- Kahiki Sports Bar and Restaurant – a ‘tiki’ style, open-air restaurant and bar located in Tamarindo on the road to Langosta Beach, just 50m from the supermarket. Enjoy delicious Eggs Benedict and amazing stuffed French toast.
- Villa Deevena – An oasis of fine French food and a variety of original dishes prepared by Chef Patrick Jamon. Located at Playa Negra’s Hotel Villa Deevena. Casual dining with outstanding wine selection.
Private Chef Services
Nothing screams ‘vacation‘ like a break from the kitchen! Private Chefs are not just for special events such as weddings, but ideal for highlighting any family vacation. From picnics at the beach to sit down dinners in your vacation residence, there isn’t anything our Chef’s can’t do. Have them cook up your ‘catch of the day’, whip up a favourite family recipe or explore their own wonderful menus, cuisine and recipes. Depending on your tastebuds, your Palms Concierge will match you up with just the right Private Chef, to ensure an unforgettable dining experience!