The Costa Rica Tourism Board is proud to announce that Costa Rica was the most celebrated destination in Central America in the 2012 Condé Nast Traveler’s Readers’ Choice Awards released a few weeks ago. The top honors went to the region’s favorite hotels and resorts, as voted by the readers of Condé Nast Traveler.
In the list of the top resorts in Central and South America, seven of the 15 properties were from Costa Rica, and two Costa Rican properties made the list of top hotels in Central America. The list takes into account factors such as rooms, service, food, location, design and activities, and the winners ranged from beachfront properties in Guanacaste, to a honeymooners’ favorite in Manuel Antonio National Park, to a sustainable and highly acclaimed resort and spa in the Central Valley, to one of San Jose’s most beloved treasures, and many more. Here are some of the winning Costa Rica Hotels and Resorts:
– Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo – Guanacaste, Costa Rica
– Hotel Punta Islita – Guanacaste, Costa Rica
– El Silencio Lodge & Spa – Alajuela, Costa Rica
– Los Sueños Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort – Herradura, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
– Xandari Resort & Spa – Alajuela, Costa Rica
– Arenas del Mar – Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
– Westin Golf Resort & Spa, Playa Conchal – Guanacaste, Costa Rica
– Hotel Grano de Oro – San José, Costa Rica
– Hotel Villa Caletas – Puntarenas, Costa Rica
The Readers’ Choice Awards, now in its 25th edition, drew a record number of reader participation this year with 46,476 readers voting for their favorite hotels, resorts and cruise lines. This annual survey ultimately awarded 1,306 winners what is considered to be one of the industry’s most esteemed recognitions.